Friday, March 30, 2007

Update and visits

Hey everyone,

I’d like to start by sharing a bit of what I’m going through with you all. I’m back home from the hospital, but still far from recovered; my arms are very limited and I’m still on a fluid diet due to my jaw not being ready for solid foods. While at the hospital, progress was very rapid, changes are now measured in weeks and triumphs are not as frequent as they used to be. However, things are definitely on an upwards trajectory so my loving and never-resting wife and I are ever grateful for that.

One of the things that I greatly enjoy is visits from friends. I've been hearing from quite a few people that it's hard to schedule a visit with us. Well, I have to tell you that we did that on purpose. Jerry had heard of the challenges I had a few weeks back, I got tired very fast and was rather limited in my ability to communicate. Jerry and company had set up a system that would make sure I don't get overwhelmed, thanks Jerry!

Thankfully, I'm doing better now and would like to make life a little easier for prospective visitors. If you'd like to visit, please let us know in advance: if you know you're coming two days or more in advance, send me an email at guy.rom@gmail.com. If you're planning on coming the next day or same day, give us a call at home 408.830.9704.

At any rate, please plan on visiting between the hours of 4pm to 7:30pm including weekends. Our address is: 552 La Conner Dr, Sunnyvale, CA 94087.

To our friends in Israel, you're welcome to fly over. Otherwise, we'll have to catch up over the phone. I'm afraid that the morning time is not so good for us because of doctor's appointments and physical therapy, but you can try around 10:30am pacific time which is 8:30pm Israel time.

Well, I think that concludes my time online today, I'm allotted about 30 min a day.

Best to you all,
-Guy

5 comments:

Yael Barzilai said...

ראשית חג שמח לכולכם!
נשמח לבוא לבקר. אם אתה מצליח להקליד פוסט כזה ארוך נראה לי שהמצב לא רע. מה לגבי להחזיק ספר ושאר ירקות? ולהיות מסובין? נהיה בקשר,
יעל ודודי.

Q said...

Hi Guy,
Glad to see you getting better and better!! :)

Qingyang

She's the Narc said...

Hi Guy,

I just learned about the blog and read every entry, laughed and cried but most of all smiled in my heart to knwo you are on the road to recovery!

It feels like it was just yesterday when the teams were all hanging out at South First Street Billiards, but it was two months ago, man time flies. Which I hope is the case for you and with all these gorgeous days I hope you are enjoying the beautiful blue sky.

So after reading about your GuyPod you might like the article posted today on http://www.gizmodo.com/, enjoy!

Sonja

Illustrator Junkie said...

Hi! We will give you a call and try to stop by this weekend. Last week was Passover, so I figured you were not seeing as many folks.

See you soon!

Deb

Osnat Nir said...

Hi Guy and Adi,

It was so great seeing you both yesterday. We were amazed and happy to see the huge progress Guy had made since we last saw him.

keep on the positive spirit.

Osnat and Udi