Sunday, March 18, 2007

Guy Back Home

This is from Loyal, and I worked with Guy at PayPal.

I have ventured from Austin to retrieve my cat. I was lucky to visit Guy, who has returned home. He can be around family and friends. There is much to do. He is not talking because he wants his throat to heal. It's Guy, but he is tired. The pain is exhausting and from someone who once took pain killers after surgery I empathize. It takes away the sharp and dull throbbing pain, but it is tough to concentrate. I told him what I am doing. I asked how he is doing. The din of kids comforted us as we spoke.

Guy would like visitors, but Adi "The keeper-of-the-door" asks for you to remember that they are working on establishing a routine with the family. Please call Jerry to schedule a time or the Rom house. Also, please be sure that you are healthy prior to coming.

Shira is happy to have Daddy home. She missed Adi while Adi was tending to Guy. Adi is so busy with everything that she seldom has the time to update the blog. Luckily I was able to offer a little help.

~Loyal

4 comments:

Scott said...

Hey Guy,

So glad to hear you've been able to return home. Having familiar surroundings and your little one by your side will surely help speed your recovery.

Take care,
-- Scott

Asaph said...

My dear brother,
I keep myself informed via phone as I speak to Adi, Mom, Dad, or Malka or through the blog. I wish we could set aside some time to talk about what's this experience been like for you. I'm sure you're still in the process of getting acclimated to your home, an environment that is very familiar in one sense, namely to the healthy Guy, yet very foreign, considering your physical shape. Soon, I hope these two Guys (pun intended) will come to be one again.
Thinking about the pain and suffering you and we had gone through as well as how far you've come might convince some that your situation right now is not that bad. After all you've survived an incredibly terrifying fall, survived three major surgeries, went through a quicker than anticipated-"blitz krig"-like hospitalization process which took you (as well as all of us) by surprise and now you're home. However, I feel that things as relatively good as they seem, are not that good for you, Guy.
This is the point in time where relativity fades away and you're left with (albeit short term) chronic condition that keeps you on your toes at all times. I cannot begin to imagine all the little things we automatically go through in life which, for you, become an immense challenge as you navigate through the hours, days, months that separate you from full recovery. Don't get me wrong. I do not mean to discourage you; rather to empathize with you and show you that we don't feel as if everything is alright now. Yes, you are definitely out of the danger zone and that is very comforting for everyone (including yourself I suspect), but still the daily struggles must be enormous. Please remember, I am with you in my heart and soul. I think of you almost always and cross my fingers for a frustration-free recovery as much as that is possible.

Guy, maybe you could start writing in the blog whenever you can. Tell us what you're up to and your current struggles or even achievements, pick your favorite. I don't mean to rush you or anything, but if I know you well, you must be attempting to do this as I write to you.

Love,
Asaph.

Vamsee said...

Hey Guy,
So glad to know that you are back at home! :) Get well real soon buddie, we miss you here! :)

Cheers,
-V

Unknown said...

הי גיא..אין כמו בבית, בזה אין ספק. מה שלומך? מה אתה חושב ואיך אתה מרגיש? אני מוצאת עצמי קוראת בבלוג, כדי לקרוא על מצבך, כמה התקדמת וכן הלאה וגם כדי להבין איך נראו החיים שלך לפני שכל זה קרה. אין מה לעשות, המרחק הגיאוגרפי עושה את שלו אבל איכשהו, ברגע ששמענו את שהתרחש, הרגשנו מיד, הלואי ויכולנו להיות לצידכם, לעזור או סתם להיות בטוחים שאתם זוכרים שיש שני אנשים בירושלים הרחוקה שחושבים עליך המון. שלך, מרי