Friday, May 11, 2007

Another one coming up

Hi there,

Well, I wasn't sure I wanted to have this operation, but it seems the prudent thing to do. I have this little hole in my palate (between the mouth and nose) that bugs me for one but is also posing a risk for infections since food and liquid are going where they don't belong. In order to have it completely closed, I need to get it surgically fixed, so that's what I'm going to do this coming Monday. While I'm under, I'll also have a tooth that's been identified from the beginning pulled.

Not too big of an operation, but still, I can expect some significant amount of discomfort later in the week. What can you do? :-)

Also, depending on how I feel, I will be getting braces next week. They already put some plastic thingies called spacers between my back teeth to open up room for the anchor. Those things are very annoying. With the spacers, operation and braces I will be back to a soft food diet for a couple of weeks. Yuck!

Wish me luck,
-Guy

5 comments:

Heather said...

Good luck Guy! Look forward to an update. Would like to drop by sometime soon, let me know how your schedule is next week.

Marty said...

Guy,
Sorry I haven't posted sooner. I also sent you an email earlier today.

I'm in the valley fairly often, and would love to come by and see you if you have the time.

Keep your chin up - as a veteran of surgeries I can relay that recovery time is directly influenced by your desire and motivation. You can absolutely make things happen. Drive hard in therapy - go to the point that you don't think you can stand the pain anymore and then push further.

Hope to see you soon buddy.

Osnat Nir said...

Best of luck with the operation.

Hope to see you soon.
Osnat & Udi

Donush said...

Hey Guy!

I hope it went well and that you will only be short time on the soft food diet. I hope to come soon and visit you!

Kisses!!
Doron

Unknown said...

היי גיא!
מקווים שהניתוח יעבור בשלום ובמהרה. החלמה מהירה מכולנו.
ליאורניתמיר
נ.ב. מבטיחים לבוא לבקר (אנחנו אמורים להיות באזור בקיץ. טרם החלטנו מתי בדיוק אבל כשיהיה ברור נודיע).
ד"ש חם ונשיקות לעדי ושירה.