Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Post Op is fine but what about those drugs?

Hi All,

I eventually had the palate operation the week before last. My mouth did hurt a little and I was able to eat only soft foods, but things gradually improved and I'm hoping to be able to forget about this in a week or so.

Other than that, I've been trying to reduce my medication. It turns out that with the pain that I had, the amount of medication I was prescribed was significant. So much so, that the process I need to undergo is very much like a drug withdrawal that an addict would go through. I'm having trouble with sleep, moods, I'm hot and cold, appetite is gone, etc. We are taking it easy by gradually decreasing the dosage. We're not going to go 'cold turkey' (i.e. we won't cut off all the medication at once); the doctors don't think that I would like sitting in a corner whimpering :-)

So far I reduced 50% of my medication, but I did it a little too quickly, hence a pretty bad reaction that I experienced in the last week and a half. We're hoping that a slower process will cause milder symptoms.


Take care everyone,
Guy

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Guy, you seem to be so much in control (in general, not when you're in 'kriz' shaking ;-) that I'm again convinced you'll pull through all of this, as long as it takes, and come out as good as it gets.

Dash to the family
- Uri

YePhIcK said...

Hahaha! Just imagined you sitting in a corner whimpering :) That would be so not like you!

Igor

Ginger Cullen said...

Hello Guy, How are you? When will we get to see you at work again? What kinds of activities did you enjoy before the accident that you cannot do yet? I wonder why it has to hurt so much to heal? Pain is supposed to be a sign not to do something, but one must push through pain during rehabilitation therapy. I hope that you are doing well. We can't wait to see you back at PayPal!

Me said...

Thanks for continuing to post updates. I'm glad to hear that your recovery is progressing so well! Hang in there. You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. We can't wait to see you back at the office. -April

Unknown said...

הי גיא,
לא הייתי בסן חוזה מאז שנפגשנו, ורק עכשיו שמעתי על התאונה שלך בכנס עוזבי שרלוט שעשינו.
קראתי את הבלוג וזה נשמע ממש מזעזע.
אני שמח לראות שאתה בדרך להחלמה.
אז רק רציתי לאחל בהצלחה בתהליך השיקום ושתחזור לתפקוד מלא במהרה.
וכמובן שתשמור על עצמך.

עדו ברנע